We support you. We support Hiawatha. We support business success.
Members of the Hiawatha Economic Development Corporation, or HEDCO, serve as advocates for current businesses and those who wish to relocate to Hiawatha, Iowa.
Our mission is to cultivate economic growth in Hiawatha by building partnerships with local public and private organizations.
Among our many goals, our Board members:
- Support and strengthen Hiawatha community development.
- Promote economic development.
- Serve as ambassadors for business growth and success.
- Coordinate financing and funding opportunities to support Hiawatha business and development efforts.
- Partner with area development organizations.
- Create policies and regulations to boost economic development in Hiawatha.
- Promote Hiawatha to realtors and developers as an ideal choice to build and sell commercial property.
HEDCO Board of Directors:
- Kyle Kunz/Chair - Honkamp Krueger & Co., P.C
- Pat Callanan/Vice Chair - Hawkeye Communications
- Angel Suttie/Secretary and Treasurer - Farmers State Bank
- Jon Dusek - Armstrong Development
- Tyler McCarville - Kirkwood Community College
- Chad Pelley - Ahmann Design
- Kirk Hayden - Metro Studios
- Nic Canfield - CCB Packaging
- Jeremy Ries - Hawkeye Electric
- Chris Sherman - Sherman Properties
- Emily Upah - Alliant Energy
- Mark Parmenter - Lederer Weston Craig, PLC
- Joel Rochleau - BankIowa
- Hassan Igram – Cedar Graphics