We support you. We support Hiawatha. We support business success.
Members of the Hiawatha Economic Development Corporation, or HEDCO, serve as advocates for current businesses and those who wish to relocate to Hiawatha, Iowa.
Our mission is to cultivate economic growth in Hiawatha by building partnerships with local public and private organizations.
Among our many goals, our Board members:
- Support and strengthen Hiawatha community development.
- Promote economic development.
- Serve as ambassadors for business growth and success.
- Coordinate financing and funding opportunities to support Hiawatha business and development efforts.
- Partner with area development organizations.
- Create policies and regulations to boost economic development in Hiawatha.
- Promote Hiawatha to realtors and developers as an ideal choice to build and sell commercial property.
HEDCO Board of Directors:
- Pat Callanan/Chair - Hawkeye Communications
- Mark Parmenter/Vice Chair - Lederer Weston Craig, PLC
- Rusty Smith/Secretary and Treasurer - Farmers State Bank
- Kirk Hayden - Metro Studios
- Kyle Kunz – Honkamp Krueger & Co., P.C.
- Tyler McCarville - Kirkwood Community College
- Chad Pelley - Ahmann Design
- CJ Kleene – Back In Line Chiropractic
- Nic Canfield - CCB Packaging
- Jeremy Ries - Hawkeye Electric
- Emily Upah - Alliant Energy
- Melissa White – Balanced Fitness and Health
- Joel Rochleau - Heritage Bank
- Hassan Igram – Cedar Graphics