Your Hiawatha Business Advocates
HEDCO supports existing businesses and businesses interested in moving into Hiawatha, Iowa, a thriving community in Eastern Iowa. We build partnerships to cultivate economic growth by connecting business owners to property, financing, and other development opportunities.
Members of the Hiawatha Economic Development Corporation, or HEDCO, serve as advocates for current businesses and those who wish to relocate to Hiawatha, Iowa.
Our mission is to cultivate economic growth in Hiawatha by building partnerships with local public and private organizations.
Among our many goals, our Board members:
- Support and strengthen Hiawatha community development.
- Promote economic development.
- Serve as ambassadors for business growth and success.
- Promote financing and funding opportunities to support Hiawatha business and development efforts.
- Partner with area development organizations.
- Create policies and regulations to boost economic development in Hiawatha.
- Promote Hiawatha to realtors and developers as an ideal choice to build and sell commercial property.
HEDCO Board of Directors:
- Melissa White - Hedco ChairBalanced Fitness and Health
- Chad Pelley - Hedco Vice-ChairChad Pelley Co.
- Rusty Smith – Hedco TreasurerFarmers State Bank
- Ambyr SeversonHiawatha Administrative Coordinator
- Mark ParmenterLederer Weston Craig, PLC
- Pat CallananHawkeye Communication
- Kirk HaydenMetro Studios
- Kyle KunzHonkamp Krueger & Co., P.C.
- Tyler McCarvilleKirkwood Community College
- CJ KleeneBack In Line Chiropractic
- Nic CanfieldCCB Packaging
- Jeremy RiesHawkeye Electric
- Emily UpahAlliant Energy
- Joel RochleauCollins Community Credit Union
- Hassan IgramCedar Graphics
- Bill BennettMayor of Hiawatha
- Jerry MohwinkleHiawatha City Council Member
- Kim DownsHiawatha City Manager